Bye Bye baked meat pies and hello fried meat pies,this crunchy and delicious meat pie will keep you and your family drooling and asking for more, try this recipe out.
for meat pie filling
- 300g minced beef.
- 1 onion.
- 2 medium sized carrots.
- 2 potatoes.
- handfull chopped spring onions.
- 1 tsp curry powder.
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 stock cubes.
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour.
- half cup vegetable oil.
for making the pastry
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
- 1 tsp dry active yeast.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 1 tbsp butter.
- pinch of salt.
- 1/2 cup cold water.
to make meat pie filling.
- scrape carrots,peel potatoes wash,cut into cube sized chunks, cook,drain and set aside.
- in a pot add oil,minced meat,diced onions,curry,thyme,stock cube and stir fry for 3mins.
- add cooked carrots,potatoes and top up with half cup of water and allow to boil for 2mins.
- now make a running paste with flour and cold water.
- add the paste into the pot containing minced meat stir and cook for 5mins.
- allow to cool down completely.
to make meat pie pastry.
- in a bowl mix all dry ingredients and mix very well.
- now rub the butter against the flour mixture untill well incoperated (it will look like bread crumbs).
- now add water bit by bits and keep kneading the dough till you achieve a thick elastic dough.
- knead for another 5mins,cover and allow for 15mins.
- after 15mins bring out dough and knead some more.
- divide dough into 5 equal parts.
- dust your work surface with flour.
- roll out dough using a rolling pin to 5mm thickness.
- use a pot lid to cut out a round shape dough.
- remove excess dough around the cut dough.
- scoop some desired amount of minced meat filling on the round dough.
- fold one edge of dough to meet other opposite edge.
- use your hands to seal edges properly.
- use a fork and press against egdes to seal tight.
- seal with hands properly again.
- heat some amount of vegetable oil and deep fry on medium heat till golden brown.
How about trying this with your kids at home this weekend.
1 cup icing sugar
1 large egg
1 cup flour
1 cup custard
1 tsp flavour of choice
Cream margarine with icing sugar and beat lightly.
Add 1 large egg and beat lightly
Add flavour and beat together
You will notice how watery it gets,transfer on a worktop add small amount of flour to get a more thicker consistency.
Knead some more,and use a baking pin to flatten.
Using a pipping bag or a cookie cutter, make this into desired sizes and shapes.
Arrange on a baking tray
Bake at 170degress for 20mins or till browned.
Enjoy…kids do love this
Alternatively add coacoa powder to half a potion of dough to get that brown look
This is called pomdodo
Confession i ate like 3 sorry 5 okay 10 pieces of dodo after frying😂🤣🤣😊
I had to warn myself 😂
This is the most beautiful recipe out there its sooo delicious,yummy ummmm😋😋😋😋
Try it out this weekend
Cut and cook pomo till tender
Roughly blend tatashe with onions
Cut and fry plantain into desirable sizes
In a pot heat palm oil
Add blended tatashe
maggi naija pot or classic cubes
Stir fry for mins on low flame
Now drain and add the cooked soft pomo and stir .
Allow to steam for mins
Add fried plantain and allow to steam
Guide to make bole using an electric oven
-pre heat oven
-arrange plantain on a foil paper
-salt to taste
-roll/cover plantain -grill -thats it,i grilled on high temperature 250degrees
Benefits of crayfish
Studies has shown that the omega 3 fatty acids contained in crayfish help to promote eyesight by reducing the risk of loss of vission and mascular degeneration.
It is believed to help combat depression.
It promotes healthy skin.
It provides the body with needed vitamins.
Crayfish helps to promote healthy brain .
Looking for what to have for breakfast? Look no further
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp melted butter
1 whisked egg divide into 2 half for egg wash.
Half tbsp salt
1/4 cup warm milk
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp yeast
5 pieces of sausage (cook for 6mins on high heat).
Dissolve yeast in milk, and mix for yeast test.
Mix butter and eggs .
In a clean big bowl mix all above ingredients together mix and add flour,add salt,yeast, sugar knead and transfer to a work top knead for 5mins…
Allow to rest and rise in a warm place for 40mins.
Divide into 5 equal parts,roll into long thread though,pick sausage one at a time and wrap the dough around the sausage in a snake like manner 😄.
Grease tray and arrange on a baking tray,egg wash with half remaining egg and allow to rise for another 30mins.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake for 20mins.
this recipe is perfect for white rice, boiled pasta or spaghetti, quite easy and very delicious…. Yummy
Tatashe/red bell peppers
Tomato and tatashe should be ratio 1:1
Chopped green bell pepper
Chopped spring onion
Fried beef /fried chicken or fried fish (am using fried beef for mine)
Blend tatashe and tomatoes with 1 big onion.
In a pot strictly fry vegetable oil with 1 diced onion.
Add blended tatashe/tomatoes, beef stock, stock cubes, springonions, 1 sachet gino curry powder, and fried beef if at all you can using beef but skip this part to the last part if you want to using fried fish/fry on average heat till oil settles on top of the pot that means its perfectly fried.
Now add green bell pepper, Cabbage,fried fish if you are using fish, diced onion allow to simmer on low heat for 3mins serve with white rice, boiled pasta, spaghetti etc
this bread Is specially made from flour, wheat flour or maize flour, this recipe shows how to prepare gurasa with flour.
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp dry active yeast
Half tsp salt.
-in a bowl add all dry ingredients together and mix with cold water.
-the dough should be thicker than that of puff.
-knead very well cover and place in a warm place for an hour.
-after 1 hour, heat a non sticky pan.
-scoop batter with your palms flatten and place on the non sticky pan, flatten with your palms more on the non sticky pan, allow to stand till golden brown.
-flip to the other side and allow to brown.
-remove and keep in a cooler closed.
-repeat for the remaining batches till dough is finished.
Rub little oil over the gurasa, Coat gurasa bread with kuli kuli powder well seasoned with seasoning, add onions and tomatoes and serve