Masa or Waina, commonly found within the Northern Region of Nigeria is a delicious delicacy people usually enjoy for breakfast. People believe the common masa/waina is only prepared with white rice, maize, guinea corn or even millet. On the contrary, Masa/Waina can be prepared from other options among which instant noddles can be used.
- 120g instant noddles
- 1 chopped atarodo/scotch bonnet
- 1 diced onion
- salt to taste
- 3 eggs (whisked)
- Vegetable oil for frying
You will also need a Masa frying pan or deep small non sticky pan.
- Boil the noddles with water and salt, when 70% of the noddles is cooked drain the water using a colander and allow to cool down completely.
- In a bowl mix the noddles, salt, atarodo and eggs together properly.
- Now heat some oil in the masa frying pan (you will need 4 holes).
- Divide the prepared noddles into 4 equal parts and scoop into 1 hole each.
- Fry on both sides till golden brown.
You can enjoy it with vegetable soup, miyan taushe etc.