Catfish pepper soup is usually served at restaurants or bar here in Nigeria,its a very popular delicacy and also known for its popular name POINT and KILL.
- 1 medium sized cat fish.
- 5 red bell peppers.
- 1 atarodo/scotch bonnet.
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- 2 stock cubes.
- 1/2 tsp crayfish powder.
- half cup curry leaves.
- 2 ehu seeds.
- scent leaves.
- 1 onion.
- cut cat fish to desired size, wash with salt and warm water to remove sliming.
- blend red bell peppers,atarodo,onions together and set aside.
- heat pan place ehu seeds,fry and when the aroma starts oozing out allow to cool peel and grind set aside.
- add two cups of water or to desired amount into a medium sized pot .
- add the red bell pepper paste, stock cubes, ginger powder, ehu powder, garlic powder, and cray fish and set to boil.
- boil till the water content in the pot starts to dry up.
- add the catfish at the stage cover and cook on medium heat for 30mins or till the catfist is properly cooked.
- add curry leaves and scent leaves simmer for some minutes and enjoy.