This particular kind of soup can be enjoyed with pounded yam,semovita,eba etc.
- I kg or 4 cups palm fruits/ 1 tin palm fruits.
- 5 pieces dry fish.
- 6 pieces of meat.
- 1 onion.
- 1 tbsp crayfish powder.
- 4 stock cubes.
- salt to taste.
- dry bitter leaves or scent leaves.
- 2 atarodo/scotch bonnet.
- extract the palm fruits by cooking the palm fruits in a pot untill you notice some foam of red oil on top of the pot/cook till very tender.
- drain the palm fruit in a colander and pound while its very hot using a mortar and pestil.
- pound well till the palm fruits chaff seperates from the palm fruit seed.
- rinse the nuts with warm water.
- add the warm water you used to rinse the nuts to the chaff and using a siever with tiny holes, sieve out the chaff and add warm water to a desired thickness.
- the amount of paste should be at desired limit to how thick you want your soup to be.
- set the palm fruits paste aside.
prepare the soup
- wash the dry fish,pick out bones and set aside.
- chop onion and atarodo set aside.
- cook the meat with onions,atarodo, and stock cubes.
- when the meat is properly cooked set aside.
- now pour the palm fruits into a pot and cook on high heat untill some red puree settles at the top surface .
- when you acquire a desired thickness add beef including the beef stock,dry fish,cayfish, and salt to taste cook till the content of the pot is thick again to your taste.
- add bitter leaves or scent leaves (please use small amount of bitter leaves).