- 3 utazi leaves.
- 10 uziza leaves.
- 1 tsp iru/dadawa powder.
- hebanero peppers.
- 1/2 tsp uda seeds(ground).
- 1/2 tsp ground ehuru seeds.
- 1 tsp crayfish powder.
- stock fish.
- 6 pieces of meat.
- 1 medium sized catfish.
- salt to taste.
- 2 stock cubes.
- 2 tbsp pounded yam.
Before you prepare the soup
- Soak catfish in boiled water remove imediately and wash with cold water with salt drain and set aside.
- blend hebanero peppers and set aside.
- wash and chop utazi and uziza leaves set aside.
- cook meat with salt,hebanero pepper paste and stock cubes till tender.
- add more water to desired amount and add the crayfish,ehuru,uda,iru/dadawa,stock fish and cook for 20mins
- add the catfish and allow to cook for 10mins.
- add the pounded yam which is the thickner stir and cook untill it dissolves.
- add uziza and utazi leaves .
- allow to simmer on low heat for 5mins.
- enjoy with pounded yam etc.