we all have come across this delicious nigerian soup made from melon seeds,its has a great taste and aroma.
- 3 cups melon seeds/egusi (ground)
- 2 handsfull chopped ugu leaves (pumpkin leaves).
- handfull properly washed bitter leaves
- Quarter cup palm oil
- 1 tbsp grinded cray fish.
- stock fish.
- 1/2 kg beef meat,cowstrip,intestine etc.
- 4 atarodo/scotch bonnet
- 1 onion (chopped).
- 4 stock cubes.
- salt to taste.
- wash and cook the meat, stock fish, cow intestine, pomo, cow strip with onions,salt to taste and stock cubes together.
- Now remove the meat from the pot leaving only the meat stock and set on the cooker.
- Boil the meat stock, add ground egusi and ground cray fish into the pot of meat stock.
- Now keep cooking, stiring the egusi while add water if it dries up, this process should take at least 30mins on low heat.
- Cook the egusi till very tender or till you notice some oil puree on top.
- Keep stiring and cooking while adding water when every it dries up.
- After 30mins and you are satisfied it the thickness of the egusi if you are not add little water to your taste.
- Add the palm oil and blended atarodo and cook on low heat while stiring for another 15mins.
- After 15mins pour back the meat /stock fish etc back into the pot.
- Add ugu /bitter leaf depending on which ever one you are using.
- Allow to simmer for 5mins and it’s ready.
- serve with eba pounded yam etc.