Not your regular jellof rice,this is a modified aspect of jellef with taste and aroma from the pineapple added to it.
- 2 cups of rice.
- 100g liver.
- 1 tbsp curry powder.
- 10 strands green beans.
- 2 medium size carrots.
- salt to taste.
- 2 big onions.
- 1 tbsp thyme.
- half cup vegetable oil.
- 6 red bell peppers.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed pineapple juice.
- 3 stock cubes.
- parboil and wash rice, drain in a colander and set aside
- cook the liver with 1 onion,thyme,salt and set aside.
- blend the red bell peppers roughly.
- dice the carrots and green beans.
- in a medium size pot pour heat the oil with the remaining diced onion and stir fry for 2mins.
- add the red bell pepper paste and stir fry for 5mins.
- after 5mins pour in the liver including the liver stock,add curry,stock cubes stir and bring to boil.
- add the parboiled rice stir and add the carrots and green beans .
- stir cover and cook on low heat.
- when you are sure that 70% of the rice is cooked,its time to add the freshly squeezed pineapple juice.
- allow to steam on low heat till tender (add water if you feel the liver stock will not cook it properly).
- serve with carved water melon basket or fruits salad.