- 1 medium sized yam.
- 2 onions
- 5 red bell peppers.
- 2 medium size tomatoes.
- 3 stock cubes.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder.
- 1/2 cup palm oil.
- salt to taste.
- dry fish.
- beef stock or water.
- handfull chopped spinach .
- little scent leaves.
- peel,wash and cut yam into desired sizes,drain and set aside.
- wash dry fish and pick out bones,set aside
- blend red bell peppers,tomatoes and 1 onion together.
- now heat the palm oil add the remaining 1 diced onion and stir fry for 2mins.
- add the red bell pepper paste and stir fry for some mins.
- add two cups of water or beef stock depending on the one you are using.
- add stock cubes,garlic powder,ginger powder and salt to taste.
- add the yam and be sure the water covers the yam.
- cook on medium heat.
- when its almost done,add the spinach,scent leaves and use your kitchen spoon to mash 30% of the yam inside the pot add the dry fish.
- allow to continue cooking till the yam is tender and soft.