we all known our popular jellof rice,party jellof rice its so popular that it is enjoyed in each and every house hold here in nigeria and beyond,i made this recipe with extra special features…
- 2 cups of rice.
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans.
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots.
- chicken breast.
- 3 stock cubes.
- 2 onions.
- 4 red bell peppers.
- salt to taste.
- 1 tsp thyme.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- chicken stock.
- 1 tbsp tin tomatoes.
- 1/2 tsp chilli peppers.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder.
before you cook the jellof rice.
- shred the chicken breast.
- in a bowl marinate the chicken breast with chilli peppers,1/2 tsp garlic powder,ginger and stock cubes.
- heat 3 spoons of vegetable oil in a non sticky pan.
- add the chicken and stir fry till the chicken is tender.
- set the chicken aside.
- now parboil the rice wash and drain,set aside.
- blend the red bell peppers with onions set aside.
- heat the half cup of vegetable oil with diced onions and stir fry for 2mins.
- add the red bell pepper paste,tin tomatoes and stir fry for few minutes.
- add the chicken stock,stock cubes,salt to taste,half tsp garlic and bring to boil.
- now add the parboiled rice stir and allow to cook on low heat.
- when 70% of the rice is done add the green beans, carrots and chicken breast,stir and allow to cook completely.
- serve with coleslaw,fried chicken,plantains etc.