This bread goes perfect with butter, pepper soup or stuffed beef.
1 spoon dry active yeast
Quarter cup warm water.
2 cups flour.
3 tbsp liquid milk.
1/2 tsp salt.
Garlic powder (optionaly).
1 tbsp sugar.
Butter for oiling.
-Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
-In a bowl mix flour, garlic, sugar, salt, milk and yeast liquid together, knead the dough and add more warm water if it feels too thick.
-knead the dough for 5mins.
-after 5mins place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and allow to rise for 1hour.
-after 1 hour knead the dough some more, and cut into golf size balls.
-cover and allow to rise for 30mins again.
-after 30mins make medium sized circle out of the balls.
-heat a non sticky pan and place the round dough one after the other making sure to brush small butter on the dough while frying, flip and brush some butter it should be on low heat.
-when brown patches appear it’s ready.
This soft home made bread will leave you asking for more,they are soft and very tender,next time dont buy bread make them your self.we all know that bread are a daily consumption in our house holds.
- 2 cups all purpose flour.
- 2 tbsp sugar.
- pinch of salt.
- 1 tbsp yeast.
- 1 tsp powdered milk.
- small vegetable oil for brushing the bread before baking.
- 1/3 cup warm water for kneading the dough.
- in a bowl sift the flour
- add the sugar,powered milk,salt,yeast and mix very well.
- now start adding the warm water while mixing the dough with your hands.
- mix well till you have achieved a smooth sticky dough.
- dust your kneading surface with flour.
- now place the dough on the kneading surface and knead for 5mins.
- place the dough in a bowl cover and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- after 1 hour bring out and knead some more.
- grease your bread pan with margarine and dust with flour.
- make 3 soft balls of dough.
- arrange the balls close to each in the bread pan or simply place the whole dough inside the bread pan.
- cover and allow to rise for 30 more minutes.
- pre heat the oven to 170%.
- after 30mins bring out and brush with some oil.
- place in the oven and bake till lightly golden brown (check at intervals to avoid burning).
shawarma is one of the most popular snacks in Nigeria ,make them yourself and enjoy every bit of it.
To make shawarma filling.
- Boneless beef meat.
- medium sized cabbage.
- 3 carrots.
- 1 cucumber.
- 2 tomatoes.
- 2 onions.
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise.
- 2 tbsp ketchup.
for the marinade
- 1 tsp thyme.
- 1 tsp curry powder.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- 1 tsp black pepper.
- 1 tsp chilli pepper.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
for shawarma bread.
- 3 cups plain flour/all purpose flour.
- 1 cup warm water.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 2 spoons vegetable oil or 3 spoons butter
To make shawama filling.
- wash and cut all the vegetables into thin strips or grate the vegetables.
- cut beef into thin stripes.
N:B substitute chicken for beef if you are making chicken shawarma.
- in a bowl mix beef with all the marinades mentioned above,mix properly ,put in a nylon bag and refrigerate for 2hours or over night.
- heat some oil with onions add the beef and stir fry till meet cooks properly.
- allow to cool down completely.
To make bread
- in a bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and vegetable oil properly.
- add warm water in bits and knead the dough for 5mins.
- cover and allow to stand for 20mins,
- after 20mins knead more and divide into 6 pieces use a rolling pin and roll out to form very flat dough of 5 to 6 inch circles.
- heat a non sticky pan on low heat and pick circle dough one at a time and place on the non sticky pan.
- when bubbles appear on the dough flip around till you achieve light brown patches allow to cool off and cover with a damp towel this keep them soft and moist.
- use a kitchen brush to dust bread.
- mix mayonnaise and ketchup properly.
- place a piece of bread on a flat surface (clean surface).
- rub mayonnaise/ketchup mixture on thr bread,arrange some vegetables and scoop scoop some desired amount of beef filling.
- wrap from one edge to oposite edge.
- wrape aluminium foil around the bread to hold evenly.
- microwave and enjoy.