Are you tired of eating same old fried or boiled yam,?Try ojòjòN:B I used this yam called saakaataa.IngredientsSakata (yam)AtarodoOnionsSeasoningSpringonionsSaltVegetable oil for deep fryingDirectionPeel and wash yam ,set asideRoughly blend atarodo and onions set asideUsing a grater, grate yam using the smaller holes of the grater.In a bowl mix everything and beat well.Drop balls of ojòjò in hot oil and fry till golden brownPictures speaks below
1 medium sized yam
1 Markerel fish
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp stock cubes powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
3 atarodo (blend) with one onion
-Marinate the fish with all the dry ingredients mentioned above and place in the fridge for 45 mins or over night.
-peel and cut yam into desired shapes.
-now set the oven to grill and place the marinated fish and yam on the oven rack.
-grill on both sides till well done.
-serve with spicy sauce and enjoy.
Another great way to enjoy yam during breakfast.
- 1 medium size yam.
- 2 eggs.
- 2 spoons flour.
- 1 crushed stock cube.
- pinch pf white pepper,
- pinch of black pepper.
- pinch of garlic.
- vegetable oil for deep frying.
- peel and cut yam into desired sizes.
- cook the yam for 10mins drain and allow to cook completely.
- mix all the dry ingredients mentioned above in a bowl.
- whisk the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- pick a piece of yam coat/dredge in flour.
- remove and drop in the whisk eggs.
- remove from the whisked eggs and coat/dregde in the flour mixture again set aside in a clean dry plate.
- repeat this process untill all the yam are fully coated.
- deep fry the yam till lightly golden brown.
- enoy with ketchup,sauce etc.
- 1 medium sized yam.
- 2 onions
- 5 red bell peppers.
- 2 medium size tomatoes.
- 3 stock cubes.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder.
- 1/2 cup palm oil.
- salt to taste.
- dry fish.
- beef stock or water.
- handfull chopped spinach .
- little scent leaves.
- peel,wash and cut yam into desired sizes,drain and set aside.
- wash dry fish and pick out bones,set aside
- blend red bell peppers,tomatoes and 1 onion together.
- now heat the palm oil add the remaining 1 diced onion and stir fry for 2mins.
- add the red bell pepper paste and stir fry for some mins.
- add two cups of water or beef stock depending on the one you are using.
- add stock cubes,garlic powder,ginger powder and salt to taste.
- add the yam and be sure the water covers the yam.
- cook on medium heat.
- when its almost done,add the spinach,scent leaves and use your kitchen spoon to mash 30% of the yam inside the pot add the dry fish.
- allow to continue cooking till the yam is tender and soft.